A reputable Civil Society Organisation that is into child and youth study and programme implementation seeks the services of a versatile staff who will work closely with senior management.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- To manage the organisation’s core programme areas and serve as link between management and project staff and accomplish project objectives by planning, implementing and evaluating project activities.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing projects, assuring quality of delivery and client and stakeholder service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Undertake regular programme planning and review with programme staff and management
- Coordinate implementation of projects by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Work with top management to ensure collaboration and alignment of activities through regular meetings and raising of memos
- Supervise project officers for effective delivery
- Enhance organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different projects; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Depending on the project, responsibilities can cover all aspects of a project from the beginning stages through to completion. Project managers typically lead by example, so expect to be working at least the same hours as your staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Development/Social Studies with knowledge in M&E
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project management in the NGO sector
Essential Skills / Qualities
- Commitment to and willingness to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values and mission statement
- Ability to work in a team and motivate and inspire team members to achieve organisational goals in partnerships with diverse group of stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Proficiency in computer-based skills, including MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proactive and highly resourceful.
- Result oriented and a problem solver.
Send cover letter and CV to els131959(a)gmail.com