Position: Program Manager
Street Library Ghana is looking for qualified and competent candidates for the position of Program Manager. This position demands creativity and super enthusiasm to transform the lives of children and the educational system of Ghana and Africa. Our work responds to educational needs of vulnerable children in Africa by providing sustainable literacy, cultural resources and personal development. Our innovative project matches real needs with cutting-edge ideas that move communities forward!
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Overseeing Administration and Programs.
• Developing and implementing project management strategy
• Project planning and ongoing development
• Ensuring efficient and effective communication
• Financial planning and management
• Marketing design, planning and implementation
• Consulting to local team, community and partners
• Proposal/Report Writing & Fundraising initiatives.
• Event Organizing
Qualifications & Experience:
• Appreciable level of Education. We place much emphasis on capacity, capability, achievements in previous work environment and Experience
• English communication skills (written and oral)
• Knowledge and Understanding of a Ghanaian language
How to Apply:
1. Send your CV/Resume with contactable referees and a letter of interest along with a 500 word essay on the Topic ‘’the challenge of achieving universal basic education for Ghanaian children by 2015” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th January 2014.
All short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews on 3rd February 2014 with successful candidate expected to commence work on 3rd March 2014.
Street Library Ghana is a nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer.
This is a paid position.